ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Top five ____ of the decade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13937
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Top five ____ of the decade Empty
PostSubject: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 9:47 pm

so 2019 is nearly over (or actually over if you're not american)
so here's my TOP FIVES of the decade

games:
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Yakuza 0
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
5. Rock Band 3
kingdom hearts iii actually came out which was a shock

albums, only having listened to each once:
1. Dirty Projectors/"Swing lo Magellan"
2. Twilight Force/"Dawn of the Dragonstar"
3. Falconer/"Black Moon Rising"
4. Visigoth/"Conqueror's Oath"
5. Bloodbound/"War of Dragons"
POWER METAL

movies but all i watch are superhero movies:
1. Toy Story 3
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Ant-Man
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions (DUB)
i've also seen every fast and the furious movie but uh
also all five star wars movies released this decade were terrible (i haven't seen the rise of skywalker but i think it's a safe assumption)

things i wrote:
1. https://ye-ye-ye.forumotion.com/t1239-teh-forum-rpg-reboot-remaster-v
2. https://ye-ye-ye.forumotion.com/t1360-branficfic
3. https://ye-ye-ye.forumotion.com/t1713-Pok%C3%A9mon-infernored-and-oceanblue
4. https://ye-ye-ye.forumotion.com/t1304-the-trial-of-act-i-zerikzee
5. https://ye-ye-ye.forumotion.com/t1646-teh-forum-rpg-reboot-easter-special-part-two

things i actually did with my life:
1. graduated high school
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 8:13 pm

i can't remember anything pre-2017 as far as games/music/films go so ranking is hard, but idk music was good, films were okay, gaming was

apparently my five highest rated films of the last decade on letterboxd were Whiplash, Big Hero 6, Inside Out, The Wolf of Wall Street and Bridge of Spies, so that's neat

though i only started using letterboxd last year so am relying on my shattered memory for some

enjoyed all the mcu and star wars stuff i watched but tlj and black panther just missed out on top 5-hood. so did baby driver apparently. whiplash is an easy film of the decade though, that shit rules

all my favourite bands from this decade have split up now i think. rip arcane roots and letlive especially. at least fever 333 are a thing now

i only bought a PS4 this week and a Switch last month so I have some catching up to do, but I think my games of the decade as it stands are Red Dead Redemption, Fallout New Vegas, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Total War: Warhammer 2. I don't have a good enough PC to play Cities Skylines but that would probably take #5 if I could. For now, let's say Walking Dead S1.

i graduated uni this year and also managed not to try and kill myself, so i guess i'd consider this decade a win, even if my life is even more completely devoid of direction now than it was in 2010. here's to the next ten awful years
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 1:00 am

you graduated just now? did you go late or did you go to become a doctor or something

and yakuza kiwami 2 would have made my list if i hadn't stuck to one per series
Back to top Go down
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 7:55 pm

i don't watch many movies and don't listen to new music, but I liked Weyes Blood's thing this year and Vulfpeck are neat.

whiplash made me cry out of hatred lol

I have gone pure weeb though, so here's a list of the 4 anime of the decade that I gave 10s per my MAL ratings:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (all seasons Cool )
3. Mushishi (2nd season)
4. ReLife

and here are my top 5 games put together through inconsistent memory and struggling to remember things at the beginning of the decade:

1. Monster Hunter World
2. Nier Automata
3. Fire Emblem Three Houses
4. Heroes of the Storm (it's the only game that friends will consistently play with me)
5. Lisa The Painful

honorable mention to skyrim and hat in time though. Granted, I've played basically no switch games except for Pokémon, FETH, and Odyssey and have a huge PC backlog (Witcher 3 included).

I graduated college and got married and shit, but have otherwise just been ho-humming away and accomplished very little. Nice decade.
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 8:24 pm

i didn't know you'd gotten a switch (i remember you saying in the Pokémon thread that you didn't have one)
how did you like Pokémon sword/shield compared to other games
and which house did you choose (first?) in fire emblem
Back to top Go down
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 9:04 pm

yep, the switch was a recent-ish purchase (october I think)  that I spent literally months debating over whether or not it was worth it to get.

FETH -

I started played the red/black eagle route like a jackass and had no idea what I was doing. when the game altering choice came in, it felt so out of place and so jarring that I put the game down for a week. But I figured I would just be playing around in the school all game, not paying attention at all to supports or recruiting. I had only the 8 BEs and Hanneman available the last half of the game lol. I have no remorse at all about marrying Petra though, unquestionably my favorite lady in the game.

I am now playing the Blue Lion run (almost finished I think) and it's like a totally new game. I'm picking up on hints/clues/literal exposition that is just given to you that I didn't realize was important first time around. I have 98 total hours in the game. I want to end game with Rhea for full church bootlicking. Knowing what I know now, Red Eagles should probably never be taken as a first house.  I was doing so many mental gymnastics to justify my decision that just didn't make sense. I'm very curious about the Golden Deer route now, will probably get to that after a while. So far though, the Red Eagles have much more interesting personalities than the Blue Lions. All the Blue Lions care too much about food lol

Pokémon Sword -

The game does what it needs to do. My favorite part of the game is that I could easily manage a team of 10 Pokémon that I rotated, and could rotate as needed in the wild/on routes. The wild area took some time to grow on me, but I eventually started liking it. I do like that there are so many different types of Pokémon available very early on (with pros and cons as to their utter randomness). The fairy gym town is my favorite location in any Pokémon game ever. I love the scale of the gym battles, and that there was at least some backstory given to all gym leaders (even if it was through the league cards). Almost everything else was average or negative. I think I finished the post game story with 55 hours in the game.  Final team of rotated 10 was Intelleon, Centiscorch, Orbeetle (10/10 top tier), Falinks, Weezing, Pincurchin, Haterene, Shiftry, Noivern, and Frosmoth (who I basically never used because friendship took too long to grow)

I'm having trouble picking my next switch game. I have it between Luigi's Mansion 3, Splatoon 2, Dragon Quest XI (never played another in the series), and Ring Fit Cool. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 10:38 pm

FE:
black eagles should never have been first in the list of options, since most people pick the first option
i played blue lions and had a great time, but it made me hate edelgard so i don't know if i'll ever pick black eagles
but yeah even though blue lions have the best story, most of my favourites are from the other houses (felix is great though)
i tried my hardest to be thorough on the first playthrough and recruited nearly everyone
shamir best girl

Pok:
i agree about the fairy town; it's so different from a normal Pokémon location but in a good way
though i took way less than half the time you did
still looking forward to playthrough two

i've never played luigi's mansion 3 or splatoon or any fitness game
i played dragon quest XI on ps4 and man is that game too long for its own good
the first act was very good (and took me over 30 hours) but then act two comes along and it's terrible so far (i dropped the game for a while and haven't gotten back to it)

i recommend downloading the demos for Disgaea 5 and Dragon Quest Builders
they both got me to buy the games
i was skeptical of builders at first but i'm having a lot of fun (i'm currently on act two)

other than that, zelda breath of the wild is the standard choice (it's also the only mainline zelda game i like) (since you put skyrim in your mentions, i think it's definitely worth a try)
smash ultimate is probably the best smash game (especially if you want a fun single-player mode in world of light)
crash team racing: nitro-fueled is the best kart racing game ever (bit of a learning curve though)
mario kart 8 is the best mario kart
hyrule warriors is a great hack-and-slash; the adventure mode lasts absolutely forever but in a good way (fire emblem warriors was disappointing)
devil may cry 3 is coming to switch in february and that's a classic
marvel ultimate alliance 3 is fun so far if you like marvel (not a complex game, and very grindy though)

AVOID Octopath Traveller (the demo will trick you into thinking it's a good game; do not fall for its lies)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 9:07 pm

oh i meant to say i graduated this decade lmao whoops

i've done next to nothing since then though so it's nice to pretend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 am

retroactively changing my video game rankings now that i've played through horizon zero dawn

fuckin hate how they approached the post-game which might affect how it holds up for me in the long run, but it's very possible it becomes my favourite game ever. definitely a comfortable shout for my favourite game story.

gimme sequel now thanks sony
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 5:12 am

i want to do the same thing with Hitman 2
i've played every level many many times in the last month (except colorado and sgail but the game's structure makes a couple of bad levels not matter too much in the end)

it's a game everyone should try
miami is legitimately one of the best levels in videogame history
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 5:49 am

the hitman games were at the very top of my list of stuff to buy as soon as i got a PS4, I'd been into real Absolution and while I knew these were gonna be different, I'd watched enough streams of them to know I'd love them to death. Definitely haven't disappointed and despite having the Division 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Spyro Remastered and a bunch of other stuff to get through, it was almost the only thing I played until Horizon came along.

The final mission of the Patient Zero story has kind of cut my motivation to play because jesus christ that shit's stressful, but I know as soon as I get back to it it'll probably eat up another full month of my life. So glad they're making a third, and hopefully they do the same thing again and let you carry the levels over like it's the Rock Band of murder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top five ____ of the decade   Top five ____ of the decade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top five ____ of the decade
Page 1 of 1