ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Empty
PostSubject: Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game   Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Starting a conversation based on Green's review of Pokémon Moon -

In the review, Green mentioned the worst parts of each game. I'd like to do the same but also add in the best parts of each game. The review was mostly focused on story/plot events and not game mechanics, so I'll try to keep the same (with certain exceptions)

Worst -
Spoiler:

Best -
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13948

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game   Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 8:16 pm

I was going to talk about the best parts of each game, but it really boils down the same nearly every time.
The time of the game you spend with the middle evolution of your starter is the best part of the game. It almost always works out this way.
(until I remember that Rock Tunnel exists)

if I have to choose one exact moment:
best parts of each game:

I'll put my worst list here, too, so no one has to check back at the other thread if they want to see it:
worst parts of each game:

To address some of yours:
your worsts:

your bests:
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game   Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 pm

Norman is my least favorite because the only thing between Flannery and Norman are like 6 trainers in the desert and the 7 (?) trainers in the gym itself, and the difficulty level of dealing with the Vigoroth and Slaking is way up compared to Torkoal.
Another comparison might be Jasmine being directly after Chuck, but at least you have the option of going to lake of rage (assuming you didn't go that way first). With Whitney, at least there's plenty of grinding areas to visit before the battle (All the way up to national park).

Side note - I find Claire to be much harder to beat than Whitney Basketball

My comment on B2/W2's ending was more about the end of the Plasma story specifically, when you go into the ship that froze the one city after spending an endless amount of time traversing a mountain or something. Plus the "fusion" Pokémon with Kyruem are abominations.

I was on the fence about including both Gym Leader Rematches from HG/SS and also the Volcano route as best parts. Even though I never really did it, the idea of collecting the ash to create items is a neat idea |-)
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13948

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game   Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 12:26 am

I never really thought about wanting to grind between Flannery and Norman. As far as Norman over Whitney, I still say Norman is easier to deal with if you've got Blaziken or Swampert, which isn't unlikely by that point. With Whitney, you're just going to get bodied by rollout with Quilava or even Croconaw.
The Jasmine comparison is way off, though. Jasmine is a joke if you have Typhlosion or Feraligatr. Then again, I always go to the Lake of Rage/Pryce first, so.
tangent:

I agree that Clair is way harder than Whitney, because Kingdra is a ridiculous Pokémon by Gen II standards. Its only weakness is dragon and the only dragon move you can get by that point is dragon rage, which always does 40 damage. Why did they think that was a good idea

I agree about Kyurem's forms, 100%. The main problem with your other statement is that I absolutely hated Team Plasma every time they showed up, so one appearance wasn't any worse than another. Well, aside from that one time
that one time:

It's a shame the flutes are useless, since collecting the ash was such a cool effect for a GBA game. If they'd made the ash into, like, Flamethrower TMs, then everyone would have spent hours doing it.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game   Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst parts of each Pokémon game
Page 1 of 1