ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2007-12-29

2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz Empty
PostSubject: 2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz   2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 12:34 pm

2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz 12373437_10153435602664107_5594634433495898458_n

I don't really know why I follow this stuff any more...but no matter. here we are.

Hip hop groups getting in is no new matter. I suppose we can expect more of this going forward. But when terrible pop bands start getting in, that's going to be the real kicker.

It's funny that it took this long for Deep Purple to get in. They're usually listed in lists with led zeppelin and black sabbath as "Rock Gods" or whatevz.

I haven't really listened to Cheap Trick much, but most of what I've heard sounds pretty meh. I suppose they have a super famous live album, and who knows what the criteria for a band making it in really is.

Chicago has had a really lengthy stretch for making hits, though only their 60s/70s stuff is truly Rock. I'm a fan of them, and they've kind of become the standard for rock groups that add jazz elements
and also rock groups that add horns
and also rock groups that add seemingly pointless percussion (eg. Beginnings, I'm A Man)

Steve Miller is a pretty interesting choice. He's one of those mostly forgettable guys that has great songs. I've said it for a while now, but I think Steve Miller's harmonies (all with himself) are some of the best vocal arrangements in rock music. But I don't think the Rock Hall actually takes skill into account.

Essentially, the rock hall is all about generating tourism. whether that's through controversial pulls (NWA, Run DMC, etc.), or super famous groups (The Beatles, Hendrix, etc.), they just want people to come to their museum.

[[If they get a Jon Lord organ, that would be enough to make me go ROFL]]
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13946
Registration date : 2007-12-29

2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz   2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:44 pm

They're allowed to only induct certain members of a band into the hall, resulting in some retarded exclusions (Dio being excluded from Black Sabbath's induction being the biggest one), so I'm glad they inducted Coverdale/Hughes with Deep Purple.

nothing else here surprises me in the slightest
N.W.A. were a lock from the start, really.

Also, if they're allowed to induct bands twenty-five years after their first album, where's Pearl Jam? 1991 + 25 = 2016
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

2016 R&R Hall of Fame peepz
Page 1 of 1