ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Bill Nye: A Science Guy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13953
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Empty
PostSubject: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:23 am

Yes. One cannot debate how much of a science guy Bill Nye is. He epitomises the words "science" and "guy" at the same time, being the world's first and only "science guy".
Also in this video he is totally right and I agree with him 100% and I would throw money at him any day
But not change because change would kind of hurt

Unfortunately, the money I throw at him would probably go to a place it shouldn't.
If the world consumes 88,000,000 barrels of oil a day, as it currently does, and if each barrel is, say, $100 on average, that's $8,800,000,000 on oil each day, around the world. Not even delving into the political nightmare of giving all of our money away to Arab countries who want nothing more than to see us all dead, the United States alone uses 195,000,000 barrels per day, totaling $19,500,000,000 per day.
Now, each barrel is 42 US gallons. The standard for passenger vehicles in the United States is 27.5 miles per gallon, so a standard car can travel 1,155 miles on one barrel of petroleum.
Now imagine a rocket ship. Much larger, much heavier. Imagine how much petroleum must be used to get a rocket into space. I doubt a rocket can travel 1,155 on one barrel of petroleum, but let's say it can. The Moon, which is the closest thing to Earth, is 221,457 miles away from Earth at its closest. To get there, it would take 192 barrels. At $100 per barrel, that's $19,200. This doesn't include the building costs for the rocket, either, which measure in the hundreds of thousands.
So, Mr. Nye, a country that doesn't explore's economy would fall behind? According to my figures, it would be better for it. The funds could go to more important ventures, like feeding, clothing, and sheltering the poor. Or paying off a trillion-dollar national debt.
Oh, and the burning of fossil fuels pollutes Earth's atmosphere or something.

It's kind of like building a new home, and once the framework's up, but before the walls are erected, moving all your stuff in. You're just asking for a disaster.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:41 pm

>hates when albums even mention religion
>loves when a childhood hero bashes it

that's mah boy

also space exploration is kind of nifty and cool but pretty pointless.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:17 pm

buying videogames helps the economy
wal*mart pays a company money for a game, putting money in the publisher's pockets; money from there goes to the developers (probably around 20% or so), and from there to the employees, who buy food and stuff
people buy games from wal*mart at retail markup, putting money in wal*mart's pockets; money from there goes to the employees (probably about 5% or so), and they buy food and stuff
food and stuff is supplied by a company, who distributes money to its employees (probably about 3% or so)
GOTTA BUY STUFF TO MAKE YOUR COUNTRY NOT A SHIT HOLE
Back to top Go down
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Going to space and doing sciency research gives fodder for researchers to continue the advancement of science and stuff and one of them might get a Nobel Peace prize which minimally boosts the economy (if its an american) where as since we don't do spacey stuff sir men have gone to other countries to spend their eventual-nobel prize moneys therefore ruining our economy also other countries get to be more scientific than us so we no longer have any advantage outside of our MASSIVE SIZE (not geographically, individual weights and stuff you know man) and yeah also there's the inspiration that comes with doing such cool things as walking on sir moon I mean look at all of the love for mr. armstrong circulating the globe what if it had been a russian man??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm

i bought a stamp today and yesterday i bought two books
Back to top Go down
Adventure is more than a
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Adventure is more than a

Male
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:37 pm

So today I funded Kansas about $40. Can't wait to see them on the moon in about 4800 purchases.

EDIT: ROFL MEANT 480 MAFAKKA. So cheap XD
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:50 am

If a Russian had first walked on the Moon, we wouldn't call them "astronauts". They'd be known as "cosmonauts", a name which is second only to "spacemen".
I think that would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nye: A Science Guy?   Bill Nye: A Science Guy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Nye: A Science Guy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ADVENTURE :: shit tier :: other-
Jump to: