ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Paul McCartney

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13953
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Paul McCartney Empty
PostSubject: Paul McCartney   Paul McCartney Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 am

I've been thinking. Three of my absolute favourite Paul McCartney songs sound nothing like the rest of his discography. The only tying feature is Paul's voice.
So here's my question: Why didn't Paul write more songs like them? Well, let's dissect them.

Morse Moose and the Grey Goose works so well because it's so different. You don't know where the fuck it's going, and have no hope in hell of telling what it is.
Paul sounds hoarse on the main lines, which adds to their appeal. The lyrics get kind of silly, but that's what Paul does. Paul's lyrics typically ranged from surreal to retarded in his not-classics. Fuck, the biggest line in this song is "come on down to the bottom of the sea; tell me are you receiving me; my name is Morse Moose, and I'm calling you". What does that even mean?

Arrow Through Me is not a rock song. It has not-instruments that don't intrude on the song itself. The song fucking grooves. The reason it's so great and attention-grabbing is... there's nothing else like it in Paul's discography. It's almost completely out of left field, like most of Back to the Egg. SPEAKING OF BACK TO THE EGG

Rockestra Theme is Paul ROCKING THE FUCKING HOUSE DOWN. The YouTube video doesn't do it justice. Turn it to fucking eleven and prepare to be rocked the fuck down.
You don't expect it, because Paul's last ROCK song was in 1968. You thought Paul had given up on ROCK. He didn't. He was just waiting for you to think that so he could do THIS to you.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

Paul McCartney
Page 1 of 1