ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme   Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 6:35 pm

I don't know if any of you follow h3h3 productions, but they recently did a video on the channel Run For The Cube, which has produced multiple videos like below:

The key thing to note here is the direct mispronunciation of words or literal pronunciations of words, which reminds me hauntingly of annoying spelling. It seems like this is the natural next step this meme of ours would have gone had we actually talked back in the day (though surely not this exteme). Did we do something like this already anyway? my memory is a bit hazy on some of our antics.

Anyway, enjoy this video made by a guy that every one fears is a serial killer, when it is clearly a joke. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13937
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme   Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 am

I imagine we'd have the self-restraint not to go quite that far with it, but yes. (dear god i couldn't even finish that video)

We'd probably just emphasise the wrong syllable of multi-syllable words a lot.

Like, that sentence would be pronounced
"We'd [pro-BOB-ly] just [em-PHASS-ise] the wrong [sy-LABB-le] of multi-[sy-LABB-le] words a lot."

And we'd also emphasise "ed", like
The quick brown fox [jump-ed] over the lazy dog

The flow of speaking doesn't allow for corrections/better ideas like typing does, though, so we'd probably just latch onto a few words that we'd always pronounce wrong.
I wouldn't need help on that front, because I am terrible at pronouncing words I've only read.
(i legit thought banal rhymed with anal)

But remember that annoying spelling was murdered brutally by either Orange or Silver (or both) so wrong-emphasis would also likely be killed without mercy.

But [rem-EMBER] that annoying spelling was [murder-ed] [bru-TALL-y] by either [or-ANGE] or Silver (or both) so wrong-[em-PHASS-iss] would also likely be [kill-ed] without mercy.

seacrest out
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

Annoying Spelling 2: the return of a meme
Page 1 of 1