ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

soft drink reviews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13932
Registration date : 2007-12-29

soft drink reviews Empty
PostSubject: soft drink reviews   soft drink reviews Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Recently, Pepsi put out its "1893" line of colas. It's, uh, different.
Before we get into that, I'd like to rank the rest of the Pepsis for a little context of where I stand on the various tastes of Pepsi.

Pepsi: 7/10
Pepsi Blue: 11/10 (R.I.P.)
Vanilla Pepsi: 6/10
Cherry Pepsi: 8/10
Cherry/Vanilla Pepsi: 7/10
Pepsi with real sugar: 2/10

Compared with the Coca-Cola varieties:
Coca-Cola Classic and regular Pepsi are so different to me that I really can't compare them. Sometimes I'm in the mood for Coke, and other times for Pepsi.
Cherry Coke > Cherry Pepsi, but not by much.
Vanilla Pepsi >>> Vanilla Coke
Pepsi with real sugar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that green Coke
Coca-Cola Black was also really disgusting.

The 1893 varieties of Pepsi are advertised as more "sophisticated" and whatever. Here's the ad if you haven't seen it:

soft drink reviews 1893_Fact_Sheet_20160404

So the first 1893 I've tried is the gold can, which is called "ginger cola".

There's a shitload of flavours all at once. You've got the ginger, the cola, and that real sugar "eugh" taste.
The main feature of this drink, however, is the burning sensation in your throat after you drink a quarter of the can. Kind of like you just ate a hot pepper or something. It's certainly one of the drink's most memorable and unique aspects.

FINAL VERDICT:
It's kind of gross, but I finished the can. I definitely wouldn't buy it again, but it was a unique experience that I'm glad I had at least once.
2/10

JOIN US NEXT TIME FOR ANOTHER SODA I WILL PROBABLY NOT LIKE
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091

soft drink reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft drink reviews   soft drink reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 am

In general, I can't really stand pepsi, and coke is definitely down the ladder on preferred pops (under root beer, dr pepper, sprite, etc. though I've taken a recent love to sweet iced tea).

I'm very nervous to taste the 1893 pepsi, as "sophisticated" typically means "bitter and worse tasting, but people drink it to appear as they have taste". It's mostly appearance. It's especially nerve wracking because Pepsi is already too bitter for my taste. I might have to give it a try anyway Wink

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend looking for Mexican coke in stores somewhere. Usually they're sold in US Stores with other Cokes, but they're always in glass bottles and you buy them per bottle. In any case, it's made with real sugar and it's closer to the european version of Coke (which is my second favorite pop and vastly superior to the US version).
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13932

soft drink reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft drink reviews   soft drink reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Really? My father doesn't like Pepsi because it's too sweet. He's a Coke guy.

I've never liked real sugar in soda. It gives it the same kind of weird taste that diet sodas have.

REVIEW #2:

Pepsi 1983 black
original cola

It's the same shit as the other one without the ginger, and thus without the throat-burning.
Less interesting, but more palatable.
Really, it tastes just like real sugar Pepsi.

2/10

It's obvious that Pepsi was just looking for the "I've got to try that!!!" sales. Once everyone's tried it, the drinks will go back into the vault for ten, twenty years.
It's also the reasoning behind the Dewmocracy/Dewcision shit. They pump out three new sodas, everyone tries all three, they make bank and keep the one that people actually like. (except they don't because people have chosen the worst one 2/3 times)

i've still got one more exotic soda in stock so look out for the review sometime
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Sponsored content

soft drink reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: soft drink reviews   soft drink reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

soft drink reviews
Page 1 of 1