ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

alternate interpretations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13932
Registration date : 2007-12-29

alternate interpretations Empty
PostSubject: alternate interpretations   alternate interpretations Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:35 pm

As one gets older, their perception on a lot of things changes. Naturally, being the reclusive, Peter Pan-type guy I am, my scope for this is rather limited. However, I did notice this with one episode of SpongeBob, Pretty Patties.

The plot is rather simple, in theory. Here's what happens:
SpongeBob is ridiculed for his idea to make Krabby Patties in rainbow colours, and goes to start his own stand. People love his idea, the money rolls in, and Mr. Krabs trades the Krusty Krab for the Pretty Patties stand. The next day, as Mr. Krabs is opening the stand, everyone rushes up to complain about various health problems they received from Pretty Patties.
"Your stupid patties turned my face purple"

As a kid, I thought Mr. Krabs didn't know the recipe and fucked it up, resulting in health problems and whatnot. I had placed the blame squarely on Mr. Krabs.
As an adult, I now think it was SpongeBob's recipe that caused the health problems, and Mr. Krabs only caught the riots because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think this has everything to do with the perception of life as a child. SpongeBob's intentions were just to make people happy with a coloured food item. Mr. Krabs's intentions were just to make money. Morally, Mr. Krabs is technically in the wrong, and that's easy for a child to see and understand.
The problem is that children don't know the old saying "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions". SpongeBob's excitement, naivety, and lack of life experience lead him to forget one crucial thing: There's a reason the FDA exists. Even if you are trying to make the cure to cancer, it is VITALLY important to make sure it doesn't turn some guy's face purple.

As an adult, I can clearly see the fault in SpongeBob's product, and it's one that would get you thrown in jail for decades in the real world. Mr. Krabs was the fall guy, even if it was unintentional.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

alternate interpretations
Page 1 of 1