ADVENTURE
HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

ADVENTURE

HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Share | 

SSX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male
Number of posts : 7677
Favourite Band : Nirvana
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: SSX   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I've played every SSX game, even the abomination that was On Tour.
The new SSX axed "Deadly Descents" as its subtitle, because they thought it sounded too serious. This was a good move, as SSX is a lot like SSX 3, the series' [former?] highlight.
There's a new control scheme, and an unskippable tutorial. After you get past the "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING" phase, the new control scheme proves to be better than the old one.
The main additions are:
The rewind feature: basically, hold the left bumper to rewind time at the cost of trick points. It does not rewind the other racers in a race. It can save you from death, or breaking combo.
Items: By pressing the right bumper, you can activate whatever item you have with you. My favourite so far is the wing suit, which allows you to glide for a short time. The ice axes can go fuck themselves, though.

The soundtrack is mostly dubstep and shit like that, but it works well for the game. Run DMC's It's Tricky plays when you get into TRICKY mode. It's kind of cool.

Overall, if you enjoyed the previous SSX games, sans On Tour, you should enjoy this game. It has a plot or something, but all the cutscenes are skippable.

Also, there are online challenges, where players can compete to get the highest score or fastest time on X track. There may be some zany limitations, like not being able to rewind, or not being able to use, say, your wing suit.

The achievement list isn't retarded. You should get them at a decent clip. Even the challenging ones should be doable after getting better gear. Hell, beating TREES without the body armour was easy. All I had to do was spam the wing suit.

OH ALSO NO SPLIT-SCREEN MULTIPLAYER
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Teh_Jakester/
HoneyBabe
That's a sweet proud you've got there!

Male
Number of posts : 98
Favourite Band : Eppu Normaali/Eppu Normaali
Balls : rofl no
Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: SSX   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

hey On Tour was a great game

great game but there are some points i'd like to point out here they are

Very Happy good soundtrack, rock/metal soundtrack works only in hockey games, also good idea to leave the pretentious hipster indie rock to rally games
Very Happy FAST PACED ACTION OH MY
Very Happy not serious; FUN
Very Happy the deadly descents are surprisingly... not bad

okay

Sad wingsuit rather nice but the levels where you have to use it are horrible ruff
Sad the tracks are too narrow when your speed gets high
Sad why can't i choose which character i want to use in story mode

rewind feature pretty meh but i was useful in wingsuit levels when i ended up flying into bottomless pits ruff
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SSX
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ADVENTURE :: low tier :: the vidya-
Jump to: