ADVENTURE
HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

ADVENTURE

HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Share | 

The importance of careful examination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male
Number of posts : 7687
Favourite Band : Nirvana
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: The importance of careful examination   Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 pm

I've been hurt before by dialogue options. In Mass Effect, I wanted to tell Ashley to fuck off and stop being a bitch to Liara, but I ended up telling Liara she's a controlling bitch. That was the game's Orange's fault, not mine. The game wasn't clear at all.

Today in Dragon Age: Origins, I had just rescued Arl Eamon, and since I'd gotten the Urn of Sacred Ashes beforehand, I was able to revive him without leaving the scene I was in. Of course, my last save was an hour beforehand, and after the scene the game autosaves.
Arl Eamon called out Jowan and asked me what to do with him. Jowan isn't a bad guy; a bit of an asshole, sure, but not a bad guy. I wanted to show him mercy. I chose the option that said "show him" and "mercy". However, I missed the key word in that sentence. I actually said "show him no mercy". Immediately after the scene, the game autosaved. So I had a choice: redo an hour's worth of gameplay or just say "fuck it". I opted for the latter. I feel bad about letting Jowan die. His life was in my hands, and because I forgot how to read, his life is forfeit. Ah, well; at least Eamon's bitch of a wife is dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Teh_Jakester/
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male

PostSubject: Re: The importance of careful examination   Fri May 06, 2011 11:10 pm

I can't believe you let Jowan die, man
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male

PostSubject: Re: The importance of careful examination   Sat May 07, 2011 1:41 pm

UPDATE:
I dreamt about Jowan last night. His execution, that is. He gave me a look that terrified me, then was hung. I... I don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down

The importance of careful examination
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1