ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

words: an essay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13790
Registration date : 2007-12-29

words: an essay Empty
PostSubject: words: an essay   words: an essay Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I get why some words are banned. Words like "spic", "nigger", "chink", etc. have no meaning other than putting someone down because of race.
"Bitch" means female dog. "Fuck" means copulate. "Bastard" means child born out of wedlock. "Ass" means butt. "Cunt" means vagina. "Shit", well, I digress.
What's the purpose of banning any of these words and not banning their literal meanings? All words are are a collection of syllables, yet people get butthurt over these syllables 90% of the time, it seems.
I dare you to try and find alternatives for "clusterfuck", "shitstorm", "assrape" or even "butthurt". These contain "offensive" words, yet no one's found an "appropriate" solution. There's no way to say them without offending someone, and they're useful phrases.
People suggest replacing "fuck" with "fudge", but what are we banning "fuck" for? Isn't it banned for the context in which it's used? I mean, does that arrangement of syllables inherently make people butthurt? So, now that we've established that it's "bad" because of context, wouldn't using "fudge" in the same context make "fudge" just as bad? Apparently not. So, why, then, is "fuck" banned? If using "fudge" in place of "fuck" is A-OKAY, then what's bad about "fuck"? All "fuck" is is a collection of syllables. The only thing differentiating different collections of syllables is context, so the context of "fuck" must be what's so bad about it. Then why is it all right to use something else in the context? Wouldn't that make the replacement just as bad?

That being said, banning the words I have banned wasn't my fault. You guys Orange killed these words, overused and raped them into oblivion. Blame yourselves Orange, not me.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

words: an essay
Page 1 of 1