ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Anything and Everything FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13931
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Anything and Everything FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Anything and Everything FAQ   Anything and Everything FAQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 5:10 pm

don't read until you've finished reading anything and everything yo

DATE BEGUN: 28 May 2016
DATE REBRANDED INTO "ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING": 30 May 2016
DATE ANYTHING COMPLETED: 30 Jul 2016
DATE EVERYTHING COMPLETED: 31 Jul 2016

This idea was fun.
Two separate stories taking place nine years apart, with similar structure and themes.
The tagline on the box of the game would be "HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF" or some shit.
Both are shorter than usual because, you know, there are two at once.

Fifteen television shows because why not?

The story was originally started as just the Everything portion (called something else, naturally [not saying what that is because i am totally going to reuse the title for the one set in 2017]), but I soon had this idea that I really liked.
edit: I did not use that name for the 2017 one, which ended up being One of Those Things. Anyway, the joke is lost so I will just come out and say it was literally called Something Else.

The other idea to use the "Anything and Everything" name was like a Pokémon Red/Blue deal, but whatever. That would have just been silly.

So, basically, after saying that, despite not having arbitrary restrictions, I couldn't write The Next Big Thing for shit for years, I decided to give myself more arbitrary restrictions.
I am a genius.

Both stories were written alongside eachother, aside from the first few missions (before I had the concept), and the last 22 (the endings).

Mission 022 of Anything was originally going to be mission 021 of The Next Big Thing, but I canned it because I didn't know where to go from where I'd stopped. Reading back through the rejects file, I realised I didn't have to go anywhere.
God bless that rejects file.

In mission 025 of Everything, the b that Jakey grabs is some fruity girly drink, as he does. And, for a slight elaboration, it is a law in Alabama that you cannot host a party unless you invite King Bran.

Mission 043 of Everything was originally mission 043 of Anything. You know.

Deputy Orange's characterisation was changed in this one. He's less "bumbling deputy"/"loser" and more "competent as fuck deputy"/"cool dude".
Completely inaccurate to the source material, I know.

Television:
Because of the idea of the past, present, and future coming together, I've decided to make television shows from many different eras of television. The year beside the name of the show is its original air date.
The show from the 1920s also features memes that are just about as old.

NEW SERIES:
The Mummy Tales (1929)
Gwendolyn and the Seven Cool Dudes (1937)
I Love Kathy (1951)
Middle Side Story (1961)
Jakey's Angels (1976)
Beauty and the Uncool Guy (1991)
Great's Anatomy (2007)
The Curse of the Black Togekiss (2016)

RETURNING SERIES:
A.L. Noire (1946)
Pasta Bolognese: A Fistful of Alabama Fun Bux (1964)
ALPD Azure (1993)
Kniggaz of the Round Table (2001)
Celebrity Take the Money and Run (2008)
Justice Hero Super League (2012)
Neo Super-Magical Kawaii Desu Show-Kun!!! (20XX)

Kniggaz of the Round Table 2 was just leftover jokes from the first one I couldn't use the first time. I'm happy with it.
Celebrity Take the Money and Run was totally just an excuse to use a joke I've had in storage since Nothing. I regret nothing.

Great's Anatomy was originally a single mission, but I thought the concept could be reworked into a TV series, so.
The Curse of the Black Togekiss probably would have been a set of missions if I weren't doing prequel/sequel same time bullshit.

as a reference as to which cool dude is supposed to be which dwarf:
SNEEZY - Jakey
GRUMPY - Eifi
HAPPY - Sheriff Antony
DOPEY - Tony
SLEEPY - Brucie
BASHFUL - Taylor
DOC - Bran

The idea for "neo" TV series and the 20XX shit started out as an idea for Neo A Thing, which would be the world of A Thing, XX years into the future. I got two missions in before I decided that this was stupid, and the joke would wear REALLY thin REALLY quickly.

Here's what I had:
Spoiler:

don't be surprised though if you see these missions again in the next few years

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE CANON:
As I've said before, A Thing and its sequels/prequels take place hundreds of years after the RPGboots.
This raises a contradiction that I will now resolve.

In A Thing, the five heroes from RPGboot V were brought forward in time to the world of A Thing.
However, RPGboot XV takes place after RPGboot V, and stars the same characters.

Here's how it goes down:
1. The heroes experience the first half of RPGboot V
2. The heroes are brought forward in time for A Thing, Another Thing, The Next Big Thing
3. During the events of Everything, the heroes go back in time to finish RPGboot V
3½. Adam Sandler also finds his way backward in time
4. RPGboot XV happens
5. Adam Lambert, Obnoxious Celtic Guardian, Gilbert Gottfried, and Stu go forward in time once again
5½. Kris Allen, Adam Sandler, Jaleel White, and Jack Black also make it to the future, using the same technique Adam Sandler used to go backward
6. The remaining heroes clone Jack White
6½. The remaining villains clone Ainsley Harriott
7. The events of the entry of the A Thing series that takes place in 2017, which may or may not have anything to do with these ten people
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

Anything and Everything FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ADVENTURE :: high tier :: the a thing series-
Jump to: