ADVENTURE
HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

ADVENTURE

HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Share | 

R.I.P. GoAnimate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male
Number of posts : 7677
Favourite Band : Nirvana
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: R.I.P. GoAnimate   Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:39 am

This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life.
GoAnimate needs no introduction. It's a silly website for silly people to make silly videos, usually about politicians.

Starting 25 November 2015, they are cancelling my free membership. I don't know if this means "I won't be able to post any more videos" or "all my videos will be removed", but it's bullshit either way.
And it isn't like it's "flat rate, pay once"; oh, no. There are payment plans. The cheapest one is $299 EVERY YEAR.
EVERY
FUCKING
YEAR
WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO PAY THAT
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND

I have so many side plots going that it would be impossible to wrap up my shit, but whatever.
I guess I (or a volunteer) have to find an on-screen recording program, record ALL of my GoAnimate videos, and post them to YouTube.
Might as well just kill me now, really.

If you'd like to view my GoAnimate videos, here are my accounts:
http://goanimate.com/user/0LxNVYo3ox0o
http://goanimate.com/user/0sjTl1m_-SPs
http://goanimate.com/user/0Onm6dSTa0zc

The videos on the first account are already on YouTube, which includes the very first one ("I can't believe they stole it").

Everything is awful.
All the good in life is taken away.
Just kill me now.

Activision kills GHG.
Activision kills OGHF.
Image sharing websites delete our images.
The Teh Forum Wiki gets deleted and help hostage for real-ass money.
GoAnimate decides to charge billions of dollars for its use.
Every other website is becoming worse and worse to benefit normies and normies only.
Soon, Forumotion and Blogspot will charge for the pleasure.

THE LESSON: Don't get attached to anything, because everyone's out to make you fucking miserable. At this rate, the entirety of the last nine years of my life will be gone. It might as well not have happened. I might as well not have existed.
You're all lucky. You have lives and wives and whatever the fuck else. All I've got is this empire of shit that's slowly rotting away. Just fucking shoot me and get it over with. I'd rather die here and now than see everything else I love be taken away.

It's just so many things piling up. Some would call them little; insignificant. Those things are who I am, so, yes, I am a little, insignificant man. I'm sorry that I've failed at life, and all my accomplishments are slowly slipping away. That there will soon be nothing I can look at and say "that was me; I am proud of that".
It's like having someone break into your house and burn all your pictures; pictures of you as a child, your friends, your family, including those who are gone and can't come back. And once it's all gone, there's nothing you can do. All of those things that meant something to you are gone forever.

I think I've been on the verge of crippling depression for years now, and I might have finally found it.
Don't worry about me killing myself, though; if I were going to do that, I'd post about a thousand unfinished things I wrote that no one would ever read
Even if I think Chaptour Four of RPGmaster V is so well-written that it would make a high school English teacher's panties wet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Teh_Jakester/
Shreddventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock

Male
Number of posts : 1087
Favourite Band : Oasis
Balls : wiggle wiggle wiggle
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. GoAnimate   Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:57 am

i still love you

it sucks that shit like this happens and it bums me out too that a lot of things have gone. a lot of my teenage years were sunk into places like this and the people i got to know through them and the fact that i don't have as many souvenirs of that time as I'd like really sucks, regardless of what i'm doing now. if i could go back now with hindsight i'd back up every single thing I ever did or contributed at least 3-5 times.

But come the fuck on. You built this place up and brought dozens of people together here by being yourself, and I'll be damned if you're gonna go beating yourself into a hole or any shit like that just for being yourself. Fuck any suggestion that what you've done is significant because not a single one of the people who stuck around here for so long would have batted an eyelid at this place if that was true. And I don't give a shit whether you'd rather credit Eifion or Brandon or even fucking Glamy for that shit, none of it would have been done if it hadn't been for you, whether it was here, Xat or if you were being the yin to svart's yang at Teh Forum. 

So back this shit up. It's not the end of the world, it's not anything remotely close to that. It's a challenge. If you want help with it I'll do what I can but at the end of the day, you need to embrace this threat of losing shit and use it as motivation to, you know, avoid losing shit, rather than as motivation to lose yourself. 

You managed to tolerate a teenage me. I'll be damned if this fucking animation website is gonna push you over the edge after that. If backing this shit up is your project now, do it. Kick its ass. Then find a new project and kick its ass too. That''s the way I limp through life and it works a fucking treat if you find stuff that really motivates you.

And besides. The project that I've been hammering away on for the last year is writing about fucking wrestling. In the past I've done 20-30000 word pieces on shit like that and hell, I spent two years running a fucking Halo clan. I'll be damned if anyone I know is gonna think their shit's insignificant if they enjoy it or enjoyed it at the time because if "some other people might not care" is the only criteria for insignificance then everyone on the planet is fucked.

i blame activision. rpgmaster v was an emotional rollercoaster though, 10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. GoAnimate   Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks, but I felt a lot better the next morning.
I just needed to vent some shit. It's just been a bad week; my second grandmother died, and my mother took it really hard. And then I was dreading the funeral because those are never fun, and I just had a lot going on in my mind. I feel fine now, but I just had some bad news come at a bad time.

So now the challenge is finding something to record all this shit with, and maybe making a decent finale. Or a terrible one that works because it's so damn terrible. I've got exactly two months, so I've got some time and space to work with.

thank you for reading rpgmaster v or at least pretending you did

EDIT:
They've already removed a shitload of my videos. Presidential Jeopardy only has parts 1, 7, and 9. I can't even back everything up at this point.
Probably just going to save the best of what's left and call it good.
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. GoAnimate   Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:39 am

Here's the playlist of the best of the second wave of GoAnimates, from 2011 to 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaTyqQD3Wsyq0ZY9Kz5P0TOnViXcYF3-_

I'll be posting a summary of the plot and the characters sometime later.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. GoAnimate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1