ADVENTURE
HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

ADVENTURE

HEY MISTER CAN WE HAVE OUR BALL BACK

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Share | 

Nothing FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
apple computers

Male
Number of posts : 7683
Favourite Band : Nirvana
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Nothing FAQ   Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:35 pm

don't read until you've finished reading nothing yo

This is the longest it has ever taken me to write a thing. Writer's block and all kinds of strange limits that I forced on myself.

The first limit I placed was in making this a prequel. I liked the idea of a prequel, and the third installment is when all the best prequels happen. Unfortunately, I couldn't use several characters because of this. I managed to introduce some new ones, but we'll see how that goes.
The second limit still baffles me. The first several mission chains ended up being three missions long, so I decided to make them all that way. This was both my worst and my best decision. Some of my best missions came about this way, but it also fucked the creative process.

One idea I had for Nothing was to have Jakey die at the end, and have it be revealed that it was actually a different Jakey than the protagonist of A Thing and Another Thing. This probably would have been great, but whatever.

The biggest writer's blocks happened at 049 and 082.
049 wasn't originally supposed to be Ted Starbucks. The original idea was to have it skip to Construction Candice and the trials and tribulations of building a Starbucks. Naturally, I couldn't do it. The only thing I could come up with was another Three Little Pigs thing, and I'd already done that.
Even then, an idea I liked for Ted Starbucks' version was rejected. Instead of getting stars from space, they went to Hollywood to get stars from the walk of fame. Shame I couldn't write it.
082 is burdened with the curse of Chef Amiee :3. I got this idea in my head that since she was a chef, I should write about cheffing. Ideas like "a cheffing contest against her rival, Cheffrey" and "Chef Amiee :3 loses her cheffing license" ran though my head, but I couldn't do anything with them. I'm so glad I got the beauty pageant idea.

Here are some jokes from rejected missions that I liked:

049: "jakey i have built a stable starbucks entirely out of straws" "that sounds structurally sound as fuck" "i know right"

049: "I Will Be Forced To Huff And Puff And Blow Your Starbucks In" "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY; THESE WALLS ARE MADE OUT OF SOLID STRAWS; THERE'S NO WAY YOU C-" Robert Truckdriver 2 blows the Starbucks down. "... well, shit"

050: "jakey i have built an even stabler starbucks entirely out of styx demo tapes" "isn't there a law against structures being this structurally sound"

050: "... coffee?!" "what is coffee" "Come On You Must Know What Coffee Is" "is that when your throat feels kind of scratchy and you make a strange 'ECH' sound" "no that's cancer" "i'd... better go see the doctor" Construction Candice races for her car.

051: "jakey i have built an THE STABLEST starbucks entirely out of bricked xbox 360s" "you mean all of them?"

The television programmes this time are much better than ever before. I made up for how shit the original AL Noire was with this new one. It's got tonal dissonance and shit.
I also redid the anime. It's got an additional episode, because fuck even numbers.
The Tomato of Justice was a character I created when I was, like, ten. I wanted to do him, uh, justice.
Some of the other programmes are based on shows that were on the air back in 2006. All in all, a good selection.

A gameplay thing is that you can import your Nothing save file to A Thing, and then to Another Thing to access special missions and extras. You can date your waifus introduced in Nothing, or play with Scraps. You also get all your money and items and shit from Nothing.

So, yeah. That's Nothing, the prequel to A Thing. There will be a proper third thing later on, and it will bring back all your favourites. That is, assuming your favourites happen to also be my favourites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Teh_Jakester/

Nothing FAQ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ADVENTURE :: high tier :: the a thing series-
Jump to: