ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

Finally Caving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Adventure
i tell you what im NOT trying to pull my own cock
Dr. Adventure

Male
Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I totally just listened to Let It Be the album for the first time all the way through, followed by Let It Be Naked.
i've always just considered it not-a-real-album due to the whole being released post-break up and everything being recorded pre-Abbey road. plus i checked a few songs beforehand and some songs just confused me and sounded lame.

but i lost all of my music a while ago and needed to reclaim my beatles albums and it was in the bunch so i said "why not"

some things:

the annoying songs are still pretty annoying. the best songs are GREAT though.
I Me Mine and Across the Universe are in my top 10 (if not top 5) beatles songs now. I'd heard these songs before but they really stuck this time.

also, the album version of Let It Be is kind of annoying. I prefer that single version or whatever's on the radio all the time. those saxes are just so piercing.

so basically, i love some of the songs but overall not a huge fan. probably my 5th favorite of theirs. still better than their pre-revolver stuff (and revolver Finally Caving 828944)

ordering time? sure

Abbey Road > Sgt Peppers > White Album > MMT > Let It Be > Revolver > everything else woo

Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13789

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:32 am

How can you say Let it Be has a bunch of annoying songs and like Across the Universe? And I Me Mine for that matter?

I've Got a Feeling is far and away the best on the album, since they fucking ruined Get Back.

And I'd hardly rank Rubber Soul with "everything else".

AS FAR AS RANKINGS GO

>The White Album
>Abbey Road
>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>Rubber Soul
>Help!
>Revolver
>Let it Be
>Magical Mystery Tour
>With The Beatles
>A Hard Day's Night
>Beatles for Sale
>Please Please Me
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Dr. Adventure
Dr. Adventure

Male

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I've Got A Feeling is certainly up there in the better songs. I Me Mine and Across the Universe just had the best use of instrumentation.

For example, that WONDERFUL backing choir on Across the Universe. It's quiet enough and there's enough members of the choir you can't really tell what sort of instrument is being played. I thought for sure it was a synth and then i could tell one individual voice over the others and suddenly i just got chills, ESPECIALLY when that harp was thrown in. and all of this mixed with the drone-y indian instrument and the punchy acoustic chords. oh gosh, just thinking about it is giving me goosebumps. the song just works.

I Me Mine kind of came out of the blue on the album. It's like the logical sequel to While My Guitar Gently Weeps. A lot of critics or whatever complain about all the overdubs and studio trickery on the album but I Me Mine and Across the Universe definitely benefit most from it and I love it.

Somedays I might lump Revolver into "everything else" too. I really only like 5 songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13789

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I can't stand Across the Universe. NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE MY WORLD I Me Mine is fine, but the chorus is kind of annoying. I like the guitar part a lot, though.
The actual sequel to While My Guitar Gently Weeps is This Guitar Can't Keep from Crying, in a similar fashion to Here Comes the Moon.

I find it very interesting that Paul only made Naked because he felt Spector ruined The Long and Winding Road with those violins, when they actually were what made the song interesting. Naked was worth it for the superior version of I've Got a Feeling, though.

As far as Revolver, it's really grown on me. I still hate Love You To and Tomorrow Never Knows, but it has a lot of their best songs.
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox
Dr. Adventure
Dr. Adventure

Male

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:38 pm

I think i like what spector did mostly, but i haven't listened to either album enough to really catch more than the most obvious differences.

and Love You To and Tomorrow Never Knows are my favorites on Revolver Buttsecks 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally Caving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally Caving   Finally Caving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally Caving
Page 1 of 1