ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry
ADVENTURE
better safe, then sorry

ADVENTURE

STUDIES SHOW THAT ADVENTURE IS AMAZING FOR YOUR HEALTH

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  GeraldineGeraldine  WikiWiki  Holiday GuideHoliday Guide  National AnthemNational Anthem  RulesRules  

high school english classes are bullshit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakeyadventure
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Jakeyadventure

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Registration date : 2007-12-29

high school english classes are bullshit Empty
PostSubject: high school english classes are bullshit   high school english classes are bullshit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 pm

High school English classes are objectively awful. They force you to find "deeper meaning" in works you really don't give a shit about. I hated tests where we had to scour the awful book of the month to find ten metaphors! Ten similes! Ten bouts of symbolism!
The worst was when we had to find ten words we didn't know before reading the book. I always came up empty because I took the middle-of-the-road English class. The teachers would always recommend me for ADVANCED classes, but my lazy streak refused. Plus, I didn't really like the other "smart" kids.
Every year, I managed to skip a major project and pass with a high B/low A. Sophomore year, it was a poetry book. In my defense, I had the flu while we were doing it. I could have made it up later, but fuck that. I was having the worst year of my life.
In junior year, we had to write an essay about something we've learned in all our sixteen years of life. Fuck that. I never fucking do anything, and I'm completely jaded already. What am I supposed to write about? I haven't learned anything first-hand, except "it hurts when you fall down", and "chew your food so you don't choke".
Senior year, we had to read a book and do a presentation on it. I couldn't be bothered. That year, I got by writing essays about absolutely nothing. My teacher praised by grammar and spelling, and gave me As even though she knew I didn't really write about anything.

I love writing. I write shit all the time for no one to read. However, I hated writing things for school. I didn't know what to write or how to write it. My writing is firm and direct, but I felt crippled by school demanding I stop using sentence enhancers. In "creative writing", they wanted me to "use details" and "describe the scene". Fuck you. I write comedy. Comedy is about brevity, not "SHE WAS GLIDING TOWARD THE DOOR, THE FLOWERS ON THE WINDOWSILL RADIATING THE WARMTH OF SPRING; HER HAIR WAS BOUNCING AS IF IT, TOO, WAS AS HAPPY AS SHE WAS". The worst part is, even though I pulled that sentence from my ass, I would have gotten an A+ for it.

Sophomore year made me hate symbolism. I had to read shitty books and determine shit I don't care about. However, when I'm allowed to discover it on my own, I fucking love that shit. Let's talk about symbolism in Kingdom Hearts II, as interpreted by me. STEALTH KINGDOM HEARTS THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS

In Kingdom Hearts II, Sora gets access to several "forms"; transformations activated by sending one of his friends to the aether for a few minutes. These forms are fun to play as, but hold a deeper meaning.
Valour Form and Wisdom Form represent Sora's friendship with Goofy and Donald, respectively. This recalls a major theme from the original, the power of friendship (DISNEY).
Sora lost his keyblade to Riku, and had to fight his way through a bunch of shit to get to him. Riku, infused with the power of darkness, tries to kill Sora, but Goofy saves his life by blocking the bolt of darkness with his shield. Donald soon joins the two, and Sora prepares to fight Riku with nothing but a shitty wooden sword. Riku mocks him for trying to face the awesome power of the keyblade, but Sora says he doesn't need it, and "my friends are my power". He gets his keyblade back, due to the strength of blah blah blah

Limit Form represents Sora's past, specifically his memories. He acquires it when he finally remembers that Kairi exists.
The first three goddamn hours of the game were spent trying to restore Sora's memories, and memory is a major theme of the game, and its prequel, Chain of Memories. But fuck you, Japan. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET KH2: FINAL MIX

Master Form represents Sora's mastery of his abilities.
While mastery isn't a theme of KH2, it becomes a major theme of Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. BUT I DON'T HAVE A 3DS SO I CAN'T PLAY DREAM DROP DISTANCE
WHY IS THE SERIES SPLIT UP ON FIFTY DIFFERENT PLATFORMS
GODDAMMIT NOMURA

Final Form represents Sora becoming whole. He acquires it after he defeats Roxas in a cutscene, or an actual battle in Final Mix. Goddammit, Japan.
Being whole or complete is a major theme of the game, and the goal of the antagonists. Plus, Roxas wants to feel complete in Days, so there's that.
Also, it's white, which is the colour of Nobodies, which Roxas is, whom Sora had to fuse with to become whole.

Anti Form represents lust for power, and how this leads to darkness. It also represents how Vanitas is still inside Sora, being generally evil. Every time Sora uses a drive form, he increases the chance of turning into Anti Form next time.
Every game deals with lust for power, be it Xehanort, Terra, Xehanort, Riku, Xehanort, Xehanort, or Xehanort. Why did I list Xehanort five times, you ask? That question is invalid, because I listed Xehanort seven times.

I can talk about this shit all day and love every second of it, but having to do it in school was horrible.

KINGDOM HEARTS IS A PLOT CLUSTERFUCK AND I LOVE IT

ALSO HERE IS A PICTURE OF SORA DRESSED AS SANTA
high school english classes are bullshit Sora_CT_KHIIFM
ALSO IT IS ONLY IN KINGDOM HEARTS II: FINAL MIX
WHICH IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN JAPAN
FUCK YOU JAPAN
Back to top Go down
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Rakitox

high school english classes are bullshit
Page 1 of 1